Created in 1949, the Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA) is a member-based, charitable, not-for-profit organization that brings together a broad spectrum of groups and individuals to advance a shared vision of optimal health for all. Our association represents many public and community health professionals who come from various backgrounds and sectors – from the various disciplines in public health, health care, academic, non-profit to the private sector – to promote healthy equity and healthy public policy.
The Ontario Public Health Association provides leadership on issues affecting the public’s health and strengthens the impact of people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.
OPHA achieves this mission by:
- providing professional development opportunities and up-to-date information on community and public health issues
- convening provincial multi-disciplinary public health networks
- developing mechanisms to identify and analyze public health issues from the variety of perspectives among its membership and broader communities
- creating advocacy initiatives to influence provincial programs and policies
- leading the development of expertise in public and community health through collaboration, consultation and partnerships
The Benefits of Membership
OPHA membership allows you to:
- Be Connected – Interact with leading public health thinkers, policy makers and practitioners across Ontario through key events, webinars, and conferences.
- Accelerate Your Career – Access OPHA’s knowledge exchange, skills building and professional development sessions for free or at preferred member rates, get involved in a workgroup or join our New Professionals Network.
- Be in the Know – Keep up to date on public health issues through OPHA’s e-blasts, bi-weekly Public Health Files newsletters, members only on line forums, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Influence Public Policy – Join one of the OPHA’s subject matter expert workgroups or networks (e.g. alcohol, built environment, environmental health, reproductive health, and health equity), to help advance OPHA’s advocacy priorities and influence public policy, promote knowledge exchange and assist in building capacity in Ontario
- Nutrition Connections for OPHA Members – Access a full stream of nutrition-specific exclusive content and discounts through the Nutrition Connections member area.